We had a very good Cruise!

Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

7 Night Alaska & Sawyer Glacier (Seattle Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 25, 2007
Ship: Norwegian Star
We enjoyed our Cruise on the Norwegian Star. We felt that our room Stewards took very good care of us. We didn't particularly like having to pay the extra $10. per person, per day; as had not planned on it prior to taking the cruise. Also, would have liked to use Cash, but instead used a credit card and felt that we overspent as we could not keep track of it as easily. But it was an efficient way I guess for the crew to do it. Also, enjoyed the Freestyle type of Cruise as didn't have to dress to the nines if we didn't want too, was more relaxing. We thought the food was very good and thought the buffet for breakfast, etc. was good and had a good variety. The Shore Excursions were too expensive, so we didn't take any, but enjoyed our stopovers in the towns of Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway.
I did have an accident and fell and hit my head, but that was my own fault.
Probably should have gone to the Medical Facilities on board, etc., but didn't feel like the $75/hr was affordable either. All in all, tho, we enjoyed the cruise and I took lots of great pictures from our balcony in the Tracy Arm, and other places.

It was a very beautiful and well laid out ship. We only have a Princess Cruise Ship to compare; but felt it was every bit as nice or nicer than it.

Enjoyed Ketchikan. Had a bad fall when I hit a curb in the street and hit my head. Medics were there immediately tho. Creek Street was a good walk thru. Ate breakfast in Ketchikan, but don't remember the name. It was good. Enjoyed all the Gem Shops and made what I thought was a good purchase on a ring at a good price.
Don't Miss: Creek Street
This was about the same as Ketchikan with lots of Gem shops and other Gift Shops. Lots of pretty things to see and buy if you have enough $$$.
Don't Miss: Don't know of anything that was a "don't miss"
We didn't go ashore as it was raining, so can't rate this town. Don't think there was much shopping to do tho.
Don't Miss: Same as the last two.
Again, we didn't take any excursions, so the town was average and fun to walk thru and look at gift shops, etc.
Don't Miss: Same as Juneau.

Pros: The Ship was beautiful and well managed by the Staff.

Cons: Sometimes having to make reservations for meals.

Recommends Norwegian Star? Yes!