Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

READ THE FINE PRINT!!!

Sail Date: June 01, 2007

It would have been nice to know to bring our birth certificates. Cruises and NCL could have put something MORE than just the "fine print". My husband had to hurridly fly home on the day of departure and fetch them while I waited with the kids! It was a lousy way to start the cruise!
The ship was pleasant. The grand atrium was quite an eyeful!
Our stateroom was satisfactory. I found two diffirent mediactions on the floor of our room upon entering. I brought it to the front desks attention, bu they NEVER followed up! Even after I returned to the courtesy desk to see if they knew. The bed was thin and HARD. You could feel the ,metal frame inbetween the two beds combined as one. After a week sleeping on it, I was ready to GO HOME! Chocolates on the pillows at night and fresh towels most every night EXCEPT the LAST ONE! What's up with that? The shows were not kid friendly and we had to miss many night time activities due to their age inappropriateness. The kids program was not open when we needed it. The few times the kids planet was open was when we were at port-HUH? I like vacationing with my kids, hence the reason we take them with us, the ports are the reason we go, so to have child care MOSTLY availabe when we are at port seems sort of ridiculous to me. They did get to go once while we were at sea, but all the other times we were off the ship sightseeing. The variety of shore excursions were enticing. We enjoyed the Lumberjack show in Ketchikan, Whale watching in Juneau, The White Pass Railway (I'd recommed you spend $110 on something more fun although I did get a good nap in, not worth $110 though) and We really enjoyed a non-NCL sponsored scooter tour in Prince Rupert ,BC just rented scooters off the pier and toured town! It was a blast! and our kids loved the back-seat ride too! On the ship, I often felt pressured to BUY BUY BUY, pull strips (crack-its), bingo cards, soda, non-alcoholic drinks, etc. It was really a downer.
We'll pick a different line next time and book through someone else.

Pros: Massage a Barong Spa and Shore Excursions

Cons: Medications on our stateroom floor

Recommends Norwegian Star? No.

Found medication on floor of stateroom and took it to the front desk and they never followed up. Felt like ONE-IN-A-MILLION on the ship, couldn't even remember our names or preferred beverages upon repeat service.
Not open at the times that we needed. Inconvenient times. One time my kids did use it they had a good time.
HUGE SHIP! Long walk to get to communal areas for eating and shows, opposite ends of the ship.
No Lobster, "free style" is overrated, had to wait at meal times for a table, food was monotonous after a week, not enough water around the ship
Gaudy decor in the room. Felt like I was in a circus.
Not kid friendly.