Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

A Cruise to Remember

Sail Date: May 05, 2007

From the moment we boarded the ship, I was in awe of how beautiful everything was! We tried to make reservations at all the wonderful dining rooms, and actually ate in most of them. There was always somewhere to go and relax and listen to music. The shopping area was great! I really liked how everything was in one large area instead of small cubicles. I can't say enough about the wonderful food. Everything was so fresh! The Spinnaker lounge was a great place to go when leaving the cities we visited. You have a beautiful view from there. Our room was small but very well thought out with plenty of storage and a nice large shower. We had an absolutely wonderful cruise.

Pros: The variety of beautiful places to eat!

Cons: The smokey casino area.

Recommends Norwegian Star? Yes!

The decor was so beautiful! The ship is huge, but I was able to find everything I was looking for. Everything was very clean.
I can't say enough about the food! The buffets were super, and offered such a variety. The dining rooms were exceptional and beautiful.
Our room was small, but very adequate with so much storage we didn't use it all! It was very clean and we loved the large shower.
Ross and Albert in the dining room were fabulous. Everyone was so helpful and courteous.
We particularly enjoyed the night the crew entertained us. Loved the "fountain".
Ketchikan, Alaska
This was our first visit to Alaska and in Ketchikan we just walked all around the town. Just before we left, we found a little bar and had an Alaskan Amber!
Don't Miss: Dolly's. By all means do the tour.
Skagway, Alaska
We did the White Pass Railroad tour and it was fabulous! We saw such beautiful scenery and the snow was higher than the train! Beautiful little town.
Don't Miss: Red Onion Saloon and the railroad tour.
Juneau, Alaska
We did a whale watch and it was so much fun and we saw so much of the beautiful area. After the whale watch, we headed in to town and visited the Red Dog Saloon! It was great. Like stepping back in time.
Don't Miss: Red Dog Salloon and TaKu fish company.
Prince Rupert, British Columbia
I think this stop could use a little help. Not much to do here. We did however find "Smiles" restaurant and had wonderful crab legs.
Don't Miss: Smiles restaurant.