Alaska was beautiful

Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Helpful Vote: 1

7 Night Alaska & Sawyer Glacier (Seattle Roundtrip)
Sail Date: May 05, 2007
Ship: Norwegian Star
The service on the ship was very good. The people were wonderful. The food wasn't as good as the food I've had on Celebrity or even Carnival.
My friend felt like she was a prisoner because she doesn't like spending a lot of time at sea. We were at sea for two full days -- going and coming -- she was bored. Because they allow smoking, we really couldn't go anywhere (Casino, Entertainment Areas...the shows, etc.,) without getting second-hand smoke. As with any cruise line, their goal is to separate you from your money so get ready to feel it in your next credit card bill.

I couldn't really stay in any one area for very long to give it a chance because of the smoking.

It appeared as if they had a lot of activities for kids

The train ride was beautiful going up, but there were small kids on the train and they were SCREAMING. Recommend they have a separate car for folks w/kids. Coming down was long and slow and a repeat of going up. I would have preferred to sleep on the way down but couldn't because the kids were SCREAMING.
Landing on the glacier in a helicopter was awesome.
Don't Miss: Helicopter ride
A waste of time in my opinion.

Pros: The helicopter ride in Juneau was the best experience ever. To land on a glacier. I felt like I was in heaven. We had perfect weather. It was sunny every day of the cruise and that is very rare.

Cons: I couldn't escape cigarette smoke. Going to Prince Rupert wasn't worth it as it didn't compare to the other stops like Ketchican, Juneau and Skagway.

Recommends Norwegian Star? Yes!