Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Mexico

awful cruise service

Sail Date: March 01, 2007

I traveled with a group of 25 this past week on the Star of NCL. It was the worst cruise I have ever taken by far. I usually cruise on Carnival but wanted to give NCL a try. From the time we got on the cruise until it was time to leave I never felt that warm and fuzzy from the people who worked there. With the one exception from Anita at the front desk who did try to help in the many situations that make for a bad cruise experience. First to pay $25.00 for soda cards for the kids then when the kids would go to get the sodas they were usually ignored if an adult buying a mixed drink would come up. Even at the tables when ordering they waiters usually never brought the drinks back. And the "Freestyle dining" is a joke. You need to make reservations for so many of the eatting places then never can make them at the times you want. We finally got in to one place the last day of the cruise and that was with the help of Anita. With kids eatting at 9:00 was a bit late and 5:00 was tooooo early. I will take the old way of eatting at the same table with the same wait staff at the same time from now on. It just seemed like the people working on this ship were some of the most unfriendly people I have ever been on a cruise with. Also, there weren't nearly enough things for the kids to do everyday. The slides going into to pool were shut down most of the day which left the older kids in our group with not much to do. Room service took up to 1 1/2 hours at times and the food selection in the dining room was ok at most. Never did find Prime Rib on the menu. Yes, I could go and pay for it at the stake house but with paying for the cruise the food should "FREE". The shows were far from the Las Vegas shows on the other ships I have been on. Although the one comedy guy and Shawn the magic guy were very good. All and all this was the worst cruise I have ever been on and I will never book with NCL again. Carnival here I come with all my friends and family again.

Pros: being with friends and family

Cons: the service was awful

Recommends Norwegian Star? No.

Very bad. Small, small selection. Could NEVER get reservations.
Not helpfull at all. Treated the kids with no respect at all.
The programs seemed very silly for the older kids ages 9-11. Playing games like telephone and other games not to age appropriate. Boorrrrring!!!
Small but shower did have sliding door to separate toilet and shower.
Shawn the magic guy and the one comic they had was very funny. All other stuff stupid and boring. Waste ot time to go. Bingo was very expensive. $75.00 to $100.00 to ever have a chance of winning. Pots were very small also for the amount of money being spent.