Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Mexico

A Great Trip

Sail Date: February 01, 2007

It was beautiful, very roomy, and there were alot of dining choices. There were only 3 issues I had. It was an overall very pleasant trip. This was a get away for me to relax and spend time with family I don't see very often , which is just what I was able to do.

Pros: The Freestyle experience, The Ports, The Shows,

Cons: Cagney's ~ My BIG Issue Along with some of the staff

Recommends Norwegian Star? Yes!

I found the ship to be very clean and with the sanitizer EVERYWHERE I saw or hear of no one that was ill. Lay out was great except for deck 6 which you can't get all the way though on both sides. Kind of strange. Our cabin was in the front of the ship so we had a long way to get almost anywhere. If I go again I'd probaly try for a cabin mid ship, more central to everything. The theatre was beautiful, go early to get a seat close to the stage, makes for better viewing for sure! Only place I thought was not very nice was the buffet. It looked like a
cafeteria, very dull. It needs a good cleaning and a new layout or something.
I was on deck five forward. Nice location, but kind of far from most everything. Beautiful window for an oceanview room. Great bathroom, for 2 people there was plenty of room, and even storage. I love our cabin steward. Didn't see him much but it was great to come back to my room and have it tidied up, bed made, etc. He just knew what to do and when. My mother was saving some mexican bottles/cans and he didn't through them away. Bathroom was always in order with clean towels. Great for naps. ONLY complaint was too much noise. Lots of banging from all directions especially the room above us. Wish I was there now........even with the noise.......
The shows were the BEST. Loved them. The singers and dancers were really great. Nice variety , beautiful voices, etc. The magician was good too. Talked a little too much about himself. Also liked the demonstrations.
First, the buffet. Food quality was OK. Some things were better than others. Endless Summer was not too good. It is Mexican, which I love, and I found it to be rather bland..... El Trattoria, the Italian place, was very good. Our whole group was pleased with dinner there. The two dining rooms, Aqua and Versai, most of the food was quite good in there. A few things I sent back but overall we ate there the most. I loved the TURKEY SCALLOPINI. I got that, not really sure what it was, and everyone else tried it, and then ordered some too. NOW for the thing that aggravated me the whole trip. CAGNEY's. I don't get it . Heard rave reviews, had to pay $20 extra, and I thought it to be awful. Got the Filet, baked potato and some veggies. Steak was tasteless, potato cold, and veggies, just cafeteria quality, and they came late. It was OK but by no means worth any extra. Service was pathetic as well. Only good thing was the deserts. They were fabulous.
Our favorite was the cabin steward. He was in/out and took care of business. Room was always nice, pillows good and fluffy. Great place to relax and feel at home. Frestyle cruising is very nice. You can plan your nights better, choose what show , where you want dinner and when etc. That was VERY nice, but I don't think the people in the dining areas do as well , when they don't have you all the time. There is no connection. Therefore, it is like starting over everytime. Someone in my party like water w/ no ice. They just seemed as though they couldn't handle that and seemed aggravated at the special request. It really was no big deal but he felt shunned for asking. If we ate in the same place/ same time/ they would have known and taken care of it. My mothers coffee was never very good, she would send back for something better and felt awful about it. They looked at us kind of strange.... Overall most everyone was OK, but only a few were really superb.