Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

Dirty. Mold.

Sail Date: September 18, 2016

Reviewed: 13 days ago

Room Type: Suite

I'm writing this review to warn other people.  Do not book on Norwegian Cruise Line.  The ship is very moldy, dirty and breaking down.  NCL'S  website and pictures are an extreme false representation.

Cruise Photos

Dirty. Moldy. Not worth your time or money. VERY DISSAPOINTING. shower and toilet moldy, shower backed up constantly, horrible noise from pipes.
Black mold in shower and toilet. Whole ship smells moldy, had to use my asthma inhaler 3x a day while on ship. Both my mom and I came down with sinus infections from mold. There was used dirty Kleenex behind couch, other peoples(different colors) hair on couch where I slept. The sleeper couch was severely bent and the mattress was 1" thin. Norwegian wouldn't give me a new/different mattress. There was a horrible noise coming from the pipes in shower constantly that sounded like a dentist drill. The shower clogged and backed up every use. There were dirty fingerprints all over bedroom mirrors. Some of the sheets on bed were ripped and worn very thin. The ship is old and very dated. The smell of mold was very hard to take. We paid for the penthouse(LEO)suite, which was over $5000 pp. We feel horribly taken advantage of, lied to. The pictures of the suite and ship on Norwegian Cruise Line's Spirit website are an extremely false representation of what the reality was for my mom and I. This dream trip for us was to celebrate her battle with Breast Cancer.

Warning: The NCL SPIRIT is moldy and dirty. If you have allergies and/or asthma, you will be ill the whole trip. The website pictures are highly misleading.