Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Glen's get away

Sail Date: January 30, 2016

Room steward was excellent but many of the staff had poor command of the English language, and the bartender did not understand about the wine package that I wanted to purchase and gave me all four bottles of wine at once and not the wine chits. Could do with more training there. Waiter in Le Bistro was excellent, not so in the steak house or the Italian restaurant. Ports of call were OK but St Thomas bus tour was pretty bad. Driver never stopped long enough for us to take pictures and dropped us off at a pretty cheap tourist junk shop. Guess the shop paid the busses to all stop there but almost everything for sale was made in China. I don't go on a cruise to buy the same crap that I can buy at my local Dollar store. Bus tour on Tortola was great. Good driver who stopped often and explained what we were looking at. Only good thing about the St Thomas tour was the SkyRide. but the port is pretty run down and the infrastructure was bad. In Tortola the roads were not full of potholes and the whole island looked clean and not dirty like St Thomas. Will not go back to ST Thomas but may go back to Tortola for a vacation or maybe to buy a time share there.

Port Canaveral, Florida
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Skip the poor bus tour and go to the beach
Tortola, British Virgin Islands
Be prepared to take lots of pictures of this beautiful. immaculate island. Make sure your battery is fully charged so you don't miss any shots on the water part of the tour. This is a must visit again island.