Great ports! Wonderful vacation

Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

Norwegian Spirit

12 Night Grand Mediterranean (Venice To Barcelona)

Sail Date: May 31, 2015

Ship: Norwegian Spirit

Review Summary

This was such a wonderful experience to share with my daughter. The destinations were the best!! We had a great time. The rooms are small (which I expected), but our attendant was fantastic. He always greeted us with smiles and fun "towel animals". The food was hit and miss. Often times food that you had to pay for in the specialty restaurants were available in the main dining (for free). This was a little discouraging, so I really encourage you to read all the menus before choosing your dining experience. The staff on the ship was wonderful. They were always accommodating and inviting. The package of unlimited drinks was fantastic. Often these trips can really run up a bar tab (at $14.00 a drink), so it was a pleasant surprise at the end of the trip to not get stuck with a huge bill. As the trip goes on you can really feel like they are nickel and diming you to death. This was not a cheap trip, so I was really happy to save money where I could. Overall, I had a great time, very happy with my choice.

Ship Experiences

Was hit and miss.

N/A-didnt do any

N/A

Our room steward was wonderful!!!

The ocean view from the front of the boat was great. Room is really small.

Price shop for alternative excursions. The ship rates are really high. We were able to do excursions for a fraction of what the ship was charging. Get the drink package- the drinks are really expensive.

Ports Of Call

Venice, Italy

Piraeus (Athens), Greece

Kusadasi (Ephesus), Turkey

Istanbul, Turkey

Mykonos, Greece

Was a relaxing day, but really nothing to see.

Naples, Italy

Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy

Livorno (Florence & Pisa), Italy

Toulon, France

Small and cute. Nice and relaxing day

Barcelona, Spain

Absolutely loved this town. Stayed for 3 more days!!