Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A fair cruise

Sail Date: March 01, 2012

This is a very clean, bright ship. All the crew made us feel welcome. There are lots of elevators, so there's not much of a crowd anywhere. The adult pool is large enough to swim short laps in and there are 4 nice hot tubs.

Pros: We loved our room steward, Paul, eating in Cagney's, our Window's dining staff, Leo and Lenze

Cons: Too much smoke. Every open area was a smoking area.

Recommends Norwegian Spirit? Yes!

We ate supper in the Window's dining room nearly every night. For my last 5 cruises I have asked the server to order for me. They always know what is best each evening. I wasn't disappointed at all. Ask for Leo and Lenze in the Window's dining room. Very attentive and made us feel very special. There's not much wait time on Freestyle dining, and lots of dining options, if there is wait time.
Our stateroom was near the children's playroom, but we never heard them. It is on 10 aft and has a children's pool, etc. HOwever, those on 9 aft, underneath the playroom, may have heard them.
Clean, nice bathroom, soap and shampoo comes in a dispenser in the shower, but there's no conditioner, ladies.
Nice, flat screen television, sufficient storage, small table/vanity with mirror and pull out (small) sofa. I think this room is the smallest I have ever been in on a cruise, but it was sufficient.
Balcony was small, but sufficient. However, smoking is allowed on the balconies, and blows into your room if you leave the door open.
The in-house shows were mediocre, at best. The girls have beautiful voices, but the boys were not very good. The productions were not very elaborate; I was expecting much more. The guest performers were pretty good, especially the Duo Acrobatique and comedian, Sam. Norwegian needs to spend some money on updating the stage productions.
All the staff is friendly and helpful, but we had a problem at the guest relations desk. They weren't as knowlegeable and thorough as we expected. Everyone else was terrific. I became sick and the staff was very attentive, escorting me to my room and delivering water.