Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Great Value & Great Time!

Sail Date: January 01, 2011

This was my 5th cruise on NCL and one of the best. Embarcation in New Orleans was simple, the stateroom was clean (though our beds were a little uncomfortable), food was very good and there was great variety. Freestyle is great. Ports were good and the only complaint is the long tender in Belize. If you get an inside cabin, the price for this vacation is a super value when you consider that for under $500. you have your transportation, room, meals, entertainment and more! I highly recommend it.

Pros: Freestyle, Ports, Friendly Staff, Enbarcation/Disembarcation

Cons: Long tender in Belize, push to sell alcohol

Recommends Norwegian Spirit? Yes!

I like that the ship was on the smaller scale because, frankly, who needs to be on a ship with 5000 people. It was a little older but everything was clean and it was easy to get around.
I don't have children but I did notice that children aboard seemed to be having a blast on the water slide and at the pool.
I have no complaints about the food or choices. I like the fact that we could get a nice table for 2 at dinner and not have to sit with strangers. The wait staff was attentive. The only complaint was on mornings we were in port, the buffet got a little crazy and it was hard to find a place to sit, coffee would run out too but on the days at sea, this was not the case. I never had a bad meal or snack for a week!
I had an inside cabin and it was clean and quiet. The bed was a little uncomfortable but one comment to the room steward and he arrived with a mattress pad to help out. The bathroom was a decent size and the shower was actually large by cruise ship standards. I recommend an inside cabin because it's nice and dark for sleeping at any time, the value is unsurpassed. I'm only in there to shower and sleep and the rest of the time I'm out enjoying the ship's amenities.
The room stewards were exceptional, the wait staff was attentive and I loved those Caribbean people that were always ready to washy-washy your hands before entering the buffets. No complaints about that as I know this helps keep the ship viruses to a minimum
There was a good variety at the nightly shows and the final show was really wonderful. The performers work hard to keep a smile on your face. There were 2 nightly shows and though the theatre was a little on the smaller side, there was room to sit and enjoy