Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Spirit Cruise 5/3/08

Sail Date: May 01, 2008

My overall impression of the ship was excellent. I had read many reviews before going and was very scared I had made a wrong choice. But people complain about the smallest things. Your on vacation and you have to have the right attitude. Be patient. The cruise has 2,000 other ppl to attend to. Be careful of when you plan your trip. If you dont want to be over run w/children, do not go during their time off. I went the week after spring break. Nice crowd. There were enough children to keep my 12 yr old entertained but not enough for me to trip over! lol..This is not a new ship however it is well maintained. I thought it was actually very lovely. The workers were all very pleasant, always greeted with a hello and smile. My room steward never called me by my name but whenever he saw me without my children he asked for them. I never did get any animal towels...I was looking forward to that. The ship was always on time. The cruise down to the carribean was pleasant but coming back home was pretty rough. I was kind of worried at times. But nothing was ever wrong, just rough waves...thank God. The ports were all great (San Juan, Samana & Tortola) Tortola was my favorite. Crystal clear waters. Hint: I did swimming with the dolphins. I booked it through NCL. You can actually do it on your own through dolphindiscover.com for half the price. Since I had a 1yr old I ate at Raffles (cafeteria) all the time.

Pros: Almost Perfect

Cons: The stateroom bathroom smelled like a bathroom, 1 had to ask for a iron 3x before I actually got one and coming back the trip was very rough. I actually got sick and threw up. That had never happened to me before!

Recommends Norwegian Spirit? Yes!