"Freestyle" major problems

Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Helpful Vote: 1

Sail Date: August 01, 2007
Ship: Norwegian Spirit
Reservations for freestyle dining require getting in line at 7:00AM!!!!!
Reservations must be taken within 24 hrs of dining --- NOT earlier. No phone --must do it in person. Specialty restaurants are small, so unless you get on a line at 7:00 AM, you won't get a reservation for that day.
My cabin phone was broken and I needed to make an important phone call back to US. Was told there were NO options other than waiting for my phone to be fixed. No sympathy, no interest, no help ---- just go wait for the phone to be fixed.
My wife and I considered leaving the ship and flying home.
NEVER again will we travel NCL.
Avoid this cruise line at all costs !!

Pros: Specialty restaurants

Cons: Totally inept service

Recommends Norwegian Spirit? No.