Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Way below expectations

Sail Date: March 01, 2007

Since I had just sailed on the Norwegian Sun last year I would have expected a similar top notch cruise experience. Sadly this was not the case. The service throughout the entire ship was chaotic at best. At its worst it was downright inattentive and shoddy. My family and I often waited 45 minutes from the time we were seated in the dining room for any food (besides bread) to be served to us. I had to flag down a waiter just for a cup of coffee during breakfast service in the main and very beautiful "Windows" Restaurant. The only good service we received was in "Shogun". The entertainment wasn't very good. It seemed that they used completely different talent than appeared on the "Sun". It was night and day the differences between the 2 ships. The Freestyle dining experience that NCL is known for just didn't work on this ship. They had instituted a new computerized system to make the reservation process smoother and it ended up having the exact opposite effect. Dozens of pissed off people were stacked in front of the Main dining room "Windows" waiting over a half an hour for a table when the dining room wasn't even half full. It was bizarre and part of the chaotic service we experienced. All in all a very disappointing cruise that has turned us off to NCL.

Pros: The decor of the ship

Cons: The service and the entertainment

Recommends Norwegian Spirit? No.