Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

It was just aweful

Sail Date: September 01, 2006

From the moment I stepped on board there was nothing but aggrevation - they would not let us into our cabins until past 2 pm and so I was stuck carrying on luggage around the ship!! So here I was on the top deck having a drink at the bar and an officer told me that I should have placed my bags in my room!!

All in all the staff did not go out of their way at all and had such an attitude. I have been on over 30 cruises, 12 of which were with NCL and I can tell you that I have never been treated so poorly.

Now I understand that cruises don't have the greatest food but this stuff was really bad especially in the Blue Lagoon. A staff member explained to me that NCL reduced their cost for food per passenger per day by 15%

The ship itself was ok, except for the fact that it seemed dirty and not well maintained like other NCL ships. All in all I would not recommend this ship and I am starting to have my doubts about the cruise line. It went from being my favorite to the worst when they started changing ships. Give me back the days of NCL with the older, smaller ships when staff were happy to see you.

Pros: Our friends who came on Board

Cons: Most of the staff were obnoxious

Recommends Norwegian Spirit? No.