Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Absolute Worst Cruise Ever

Sail Date: August 01, 2006

Norwegian cruise line is the absolute worst cruise line I have ever been on.
The boat was dirty, the food was awful and the staff was absolutly the worst.
Long story short, I got very sick while at sea and decided to come home at
the stop in Florida. When I notified the staff that I was ill and that I needed
to depart the boat at the next stop, they advised me that it would cost me $300
a person to get off the boat anywhere else besides NYC where I was scheduled. They stated that is was a "US Customs charge" not an NCL charge. They did not care how sick I was. All they cared about was their money. They also advised us that we would not get any kind of refund (not that I was looking for one) and they also did not provide me with any type of transportation to the airport. It costed me $150 to get myself to the airport. When I did go thru US Customs, they were the nicest people and never mentioned anything about the $300 charge that NCL tried to make us pay.

Pros: Nothing

Cons: Everything