Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Not so wonderful cruise

Sail Date: August 13, 2006

The NCL Spirit looked a little run down and not as clean as I expected. The workers there were not very friendly or polite but not all of them. The food was great and the entertainmet was very nice. The nice thing about it is that is that you can eat whenever you want and where you want to eat. The service in the dining room was a little bit slow but pleasant just the same. However I would not recoment the NCL Spirit to anyone with a dissability there are not very many people that can help you especially on the buffet line's kind of hard to balance a plate of food with a cane and walk at the same time. The dishes were often dirty and on one ocation on the barbecue area I was given a dirty dish and I gave it back and the girl gave me a clean one then she proceeded to give that same dirty dish to my sister who was behind me in line she gave it back and was rudly told that she did not have any more dishes so she placed it on the counter then the girl proceeded to give the same dirty dish to the same person behind her... now that is discusting!!! . There was only one pool for adults and it was very very crowded including children ... it was very hard to find clean towels around the pool area and even harder to find a chair.. the bartenders were very pushi with the drinks you almost felt that you had to buy to get rid of them. All in all my experience with this ship and not the entire cruise line, was not a pleasant one and I would not recomend this ship to anyone who has cruised before. My husband,myself and the couple with us were very dissapointed that NCL would not check their ships personal performance...

Pros: I enjoyed the Bahamas private island and the entertainement there and on the ship

Cons: The fact that they did not pick me up with a wheel chair after a request was made, the room had manny things that did not work and they did not made our cabin clean especially on our last day there, the bathroom and towels needed help. You could never find a clean towel while around the pool.