Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

We got married onboard.

Sail Date: July 01, 2006

My husband and I got married on the ship before it set sail on July 16, 2006. Our wedding surpassed our expectations in many ways. The wedding officiant and the coordinators onboard were excellent. We got married in Galaxy of the Stars, which is a very pretty lounge. The luncheon for our 70 non-sailing guests was at Cagney's (The food there is delicious). The photographer was very nice but we were disappointed with the pictures that he took. But overall, we were very pleased with the experience.

Our honeymoon to Florida and the Bahamas was very relaxing (in spite of the fact that the ship was filled with kids!). The Spirit is a beautiful ship. The decor is gorgeous and it is kept in excellent condition.

As far as the itinerary, we felt a bit rushed. Florida was OK (We went to the beach resort for the day) but I would have preferred to skip it and spend more time in Nassau. By the time we got off the ship, we had to return. We shopped a bit there and took a water taxi to Paradise Island. We tried walking to Cabbage Beach but it was a long walk. One of the kind locals gave us a ride and then took us back to the ship for free (We tipped him, of course.)! He worked for the RIU hotel, in charge of the parking lot. I don't remember his name but he was great!

Cabbage Beach is lovely (if you don't mind getting approached by the locals, selling their wares...Be sure to bargain!). I would have liked to have spent more time there.

Great Stirrup Cay was OK. We were there overnight (I would have preferred to do this in Nassau). If you have ever gone to Labadee with Royal Carribean, the island is similar. We took a tender there at night and danced a little and watched the show. But there really isn't much to do there. We missed going there the next day because we overslept. It was a bit rainy that day anyway so we didn't really feel like we were missing out on anything.

When asked if I would sail Norwegian Spirit again, I probably would. The ship is beautiful and if you don't mind paying for the specialty restaurants, the food was really good. I like frozen drinks though and those could have been much better. I had to stick to wine or beer for most of the trip. But I did enjoy this cruise very much and if the right deal came along, I would go again (but with a different itinerary).

Pros: Our wedding was more beautiful than we could have imagined.

Cons: The "free" food could use some improvement. For good food, you have to pay.