Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

the Norweigan Spirit

Sail Date: June 18, 2006

This was my first cruise. It was a 6 day cruise from New York, to Port Canaveral, FL and Bahamas. My only other complaint besides the expensive drinks was that it was too short! We didn't spend a lot of time at the desinations, only a few hours in each place. However, the Bahamas was fun- Nassau and the private Island Grand Stirrup Cay. I experienced the dolphin observer (if you can afford it, I would suggest the dolphin encounter it looked so great!), and parasailing. That was also my first time parasailing, it was so beautiful to overlook the ocean. It wasn't scary at all. On the private island I also explored the shallow water and the fish, took some very nice photos underwater. The entertainment on this ship is continuous, they always have something prepared for the cruisers. Comedy shows were good, if you enjoy pop music then you'll enjoy the music entertainers on the ship, they were very vibrant, always bringing young people to dance around the pool. The casino was alright, it was kind of gross how everybody was smoking around you though. The buffet was great, I ate there most of the time instead of paying at the specialty restaurants. They always had a huge variety and it was delicious. The entire crew onboard was very polite and helpful. My only other complaint was the crowdedness- the buffet can get very crowded sometimes, and the pool on the top deck as well. It's hard to find a spot to set your towel near the pool. So overall I wish we spent more time in FL (I only spent 4-5 hours in disney and paid 125 bucks), more time in Nassau because I didn't have any time to browse around, I only spend the morning there, and more time at Stirrup Cay, we spent a night and a morning there. But they were beautiful!

Pros: I liked the destinations most

Cons: Expensive smoothies/alcoholic beverages.

Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
This island was great, go swimming and bring goggles to look at the cool fish underwater! And parasailing was so relaxing...
Don't Miss: Parasailing!
Port Canaveral, Florida
going to Disney is pretty pointless! if I had known i would barely spend any time there, and that the bus itself is 45 dollars a person, I would have not went! Disney is too far from the shore to spend enough time there.
Don't Miss: Tower of Terror
Dolphin encounter looked awesome. They are really cool animals. Very smart too. I wish I could have afforded the encounter and not the observer :( IF you do the dolphin encounter/observer, you will have no time to browse around town. I didn't.
Don't Miss: dolphin encounter