Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A great getaway

Sail Date: February 01, 2010

A small cruise ship but it felt roomy. I never felt crowded - on the deck, in restaurants, shows, casino, etc.
We are early 50's and found few people near our age. Most people we saw were families with teens and people over 65 years old.

Pros: Relaxing freestyle attitude

Cons: Not a fan of the cruise director or most

Recommends Norwegian Spirit? Yes!

Many small public areas. It was clean and constantly maintained. The elevators were moody - didn't always work and sometimes skipped the floor you requested.
We didn't choose any specialty restaurants. We ate breakfast, lunch, and snacks in Raffles mostly. Dinner was in Windows five of the nights; Garden one night. We also snacked in the Blue Lagoon. The food was good - not exceptional. I wasn't thrilled with desserts. The fruits were very good. Chocolate night was a feast for the eyes and taste buds. I wish some of those tasty treats had been options for desserts at other times in the week. You cannot eat everything at 11:00 p.m.
This was a disappointment. I didn't even attend all shows. I thought Elements (last night) was fantastic. There were a few other good ones; nothing fantastic. We found 9:15 a little early. We tend to dine later and were not always done with dinner by 9:00. The next entertainment was in the Galaxy of the Stars. We don't drink much and couldn't always find a seat.
There was not much daytime deck activity.
The cruise director - Candi - was not great.
It felt roomy enough for an interior cabin. There was a ton of space for storage. We had two desk tops, a closed dresser with four drawers, and 8 or so open shelves. The closet was plenty big. The bathroom was well organized. We were missing a light and didn't seem to have an exhaust fan. It wasn't so bad for us to request a fix. Since we didn't have a port hole, we had a painted window. It was cute.
I had read that the ship staff was not good. I had absolutely no problems with service. The staff was friendly and helpful.