Great first cruise!!

Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Sail Date: January 01, 2007
We were a little apprehensive when we first boarded and saw the inside stateroom that was way too small for myself, husband and two 16 year olds. Tried to upgrade to a balcony but the ship was fully booked. I loved the easy going atmosphere and the option to eat and drink when and wherever you wished to. The staff were wonderful and definitely catered to our every need. I eat anything and thought the food was great, my more picky husband and daughter (and her friend) also liked the food as there was something for everyone. The only slight problem was when the ship encountered a problem and we were late arriving in Barbados, consequently our shore excursion was cancelled. Of course this was unavoidable and as I was on "island attitude" nothing was going to bother me!!! Thought the ports fo call were fantastic, especially St. Maarten.

Especially liked Cagney's and Shogun but thought Raffles was great and loved the convenience of 23 hour dining in the Blue Lagoon.

Do not get an inside stateroom if there are four people!! However cabin steward was great.

Pros: Freestyle cruising, wonderful crew

Cons: Cabin was way too small

Recommends Norwegian Spirit? Yes!