You get what you pay for!

Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

7 Night Bahamas & Florida (New York Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 19, 2006
Ship: Norwegian Spirit
Overall, the ship was in good condition...very clean, and in good repair. Access to different areas of the ship was easy, not a great deal of walking necessary to someone that may be concerned. A nice trip for the value (bargain price paid) and convenience of not having to fly. Obviously, the trip out of NY was cool for approx. a day..you could swim in the pool by mid day the next day. However, the return trip was very rough. Not sure if the speed of the ship was an issue, but nearly everyone was ill. Spent most of that day in the room....

The food was ok. I have had the opportunity to cruise on the Majesty..this was a step up, for sure! However, variety was not expansive. I also happen to be diabetic, which limits choices. Not a great deal of attention is given to sugar free diets. Have had the opportunity to cruise with a different cruise line...unbelievable options and absolutely delicious! Apples and oranges in comparison.

Great shows! Unbelievable magician..entertaining adults and children.

The staff seemed extremely friendly; however, the age groups were from 2-5 and then 6-9. Again, having a 6 and 4 year old..they needed to split up. The 4 year old would have nothing to do with this. She was not going into a 6 x 9 room and blow bubbles with the 2 yr. olds. This is something that needs to be looked at closely. Double check the age groups for your children. Absolutely no exceptions!

In the dining room, it was a toss up. Really depending on where you were seated. Although the dining options are open, I believe this decreases the quality of the dining room staff. There were several nights of long waits for our dinner. With a 6 and 4 year old, this was tricky. However, there were a couple of nights of tremendous service, with lots of attention to the children. Seeming to understand that things needed to move quickly! I did have one problem with my steward. Human error..accidentally tossing my insulin out. Don't count on the medical treatment on board..although extremely nice, of no help whatsoever. I had to make arrangements for prescription to be called into the next port of call, where my husband had to take transportation to pick up a new vial of insulin. The ship did reimburse us for my medication. But, when all was said and done, we lost approx. a full day making arrangements and dealing with the medical staff. The steward was extremely apologetic!

Very clean. One afternoon, some repairs were being made to the decking of the pool, making this area of the pool off limits. Otherwise, no issues noted.

Very clean.
South Beach is very nice. The kids loved it.
South Beach is very nice. The kids loved it.
Began pouring when we arrived. Took a taxi to Atlantis..although nice to visit, unable to go through the entire aquarium. You can purchase a day pass. I honestly can't recall the price, but I do remember it being "pricy" for a family of four. We opted not to go...waste of a trip to Atlantis.
Beautiful island. Unbelievable how they move the passengers along through the buffet line. Great job!

Pros: Convenience

Cons: The voyage back to NY