Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Not our favorite cruise line

Sail Date: March 01, 2006

Traveled As: Family w/young children

My husband, 4yr old daughter and myself went on a 7 night cruise which left out of NYC. The convinience of not having to fly was great. I should say that I have sailed with 3 different cruise lines and one other time with Norwegian. The check-in process seemed unorganized from other cruises I have been on. The ship itself was nice, not the most elegant, but the kids camp and kids pool area was outstandinf!!! We were not fans of the freestyle cruising. The best food we had on the ships were at these speciality restaraunts, which you have to pay a fee for. The dining room was not a set time, in one regards it is nice that you can go when you want but I missed the personalization from the waitstaff. I feel that becaus etheir tip was already included (we are charged a daily fee) that they did not work as hard to pamper you and really meet your needs. I missed the entertainment at dinner when the waiters would put on little shows, overall I would not sail Norwegian again for thsi reason. The nightly entertainement was very amateurish. We actually fell asleep during one performance. Our room steward was wonderful, the rooms were small but fit three of us adequately. The ports of call included Port Canaveral (many excrsions to chose from) and Miami (nice day there too), Norwegians private island in Bahamas (very nice) and Bahamas (too short of stay-just a few hours).We still had a nice time because it was a family vacation, but I would sail with a different cruise line if we chose to cruise again.

Pros: kids camp

Cons: freestyle cruising

Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas

Don't Miss: snorkeling

Don't Miss: atlantis
Miami, Florida

Don't Miss: the beaches
Port Canaveral, Florida
we went to seaworld-grea!!
Don't Miss: most of the excursions are great