Great Little Get-Away

Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Cruise to Nowhere

Sail Date: June 01, 2006
Ship: Norwegian Spirit
For a little one night get-away, my husband and I had a great time! I splurged for a balcony stateroom and I was not disappointed. Our cabin steward made himself known and available to us. The line to check in was extremely long, but being Latitude members, we got to bypass most of the wait. Once on-board, we had a great time. We found many things to do and see. I found the layout of the ship to be a bit more confusing than some of the other ships I've sailed. We never did find the disco. I thought the choices for specialty dining was good, but I'm not too crazy about the idea of an extra fee for them. We had dinner in one fo the main dining rooms, Windows, and it was one of the worst dining experiences I've had on a ship. It made me wish I'd spent the extra money for a specialty restaurant. The line to get into the restaurant was very long and very confusing. It didn't appear that the people were all that organized. Our first waiter (we had about 3 or 4 service people) barely spoke English, so we had trouble communicating with him. We asked for a wine steward to help us with selecting a bottle of wine to go with our meal and we didn't get one. There was a mix up in the order and my husband's order was delayed even more. My meal wasn't that good, plus it was cold. The maitre d did come over and helped make this situation right. My next meal was hot and good. With this one exception, our overall experience was good. When we were out at sea, I barely noticed we were moving. I would consider going again.

The food in the buffets was good, but not great. The food in the main dining room "Windows" was just average. The variety of choices in the specialty restaurants was very good.

They seemed to have something for everyone. I loved the band by the pool.

Though we didn't bring our children, I thought the children's pool and play area were the best I've seen on ships. My son would have loved it!

Most people I met were excellent. Service was very slow in the dining room.

The Norwegian Spirit was a nice ship...nicer than I expected. The decor was a little funky, but I liked it. Most areas of the ship were very clean. The layout was a bit confusing...we had trouble finding a few places. I didn't think the signs were very helpful.

I loved our balcony stateroom!

Pros: Leaving out of New York City

Cons: Our dinner experience