You get what you pay for!

Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Sail Date: December 01, 2009
Ship: Norwegian Spirit
The ship itself was in good condition. It is easy to get around and seemed to have enough space to accomodate all of the passengers. The public areas could use a little more upkeep, though. I have traveled on Disney Cruiseline 3 times and had I never done that I may have found this cruise to be sufficient but the difference that you pay for the cruise is definitely apparent. I will never sail anything but Disney again!

The food quality in the 2 main dining rooms and buffet were not eben qite at average. I would not say poor, but definitely not average. Selection was decent and the freestlye dinig offers convenience, but the specialty restaurants had a charge and were not worth it.

Definitely not geared for families. They tell you that some of the evening shows are appropriate but they really were not!

Not one person was there to "wait" on you. I firmly believe that they are already being paid their tip as you are automatically charged the fee for their tip so there is absolutely no reason for them to ne pleasant or even give you decent service. I bought the "soda" card and it was like pulling teeth to get a Diet Pepsi. I would order one at dinner and was lucky to get it by dessert!

Size, decor, comfort was average. Cleanliness was poor.

Pros: Freestyle Dining

Cons: Customer Service was extremely poor

Recommends Norwegian Spirit? No.