Not bad for the price

Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Exotic Western Caribbean (New Orleans Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 04, 2009
Ship: Norwegian Spirit
This is a nice ship with a nice set of stops for the price. The refund on the fuel surcharge was a nice addition to the cruise. The one thing I disliked about this route was the sanitation. We went to stops that had 'stages' set for us to explore. There was no experiencing the islands as the ports were fenced off and only the approved locals were permitted to interact with guests. In my years of cruising, I'm noticing more and more that if you want to experience life on the islands, you have to shcedule and pay for a cruise ship sponsored trip. I miss the days when you could get off the ship and catch a taxi to the beach.

This is the first cruise where I would rate the buffet food higher than that of the dining room.

The shows were a little sparse. The productions were dull. They could have been much nicer with the addition of a live band.

The friendliest. Unlike Carnival where they spend their time trying to suck every cent out of you (the envelopes left in your stateroom to be given out the last night of the cruise).

Nice. Clean. Starting to show it's age.

Small, as usual but clean and crisp. The shower was a little molded but my stateroom attendant fixed that straight away.
I was last here 7 years prior and things have been built up considerably since. Leaving the cruise port is highly recommended as the diving and snorkeling here is sublime.
Nice ,sanitized location. Approved restaurant, reasonable prices on drinks and food.
Margaritaville. Jimmy makes a FABULOUS burger. He may want to visit (or have an agent visit) as they have taken his good name and are using it for profit. There were buskers working the restaurant... getting money for shots and balloon animals and photographs. I wanted to eat in peace and not fend off buskers.
What's better than a country where they produce tequila? Drinking said tequila.

Pros: The price was right, the weather was fabulous and the staff was friendly

Cons: A little hum drum

Recommends Norwegian Spirit? Yes!