NCL is back on the good list!

Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Sail Date: January 01, 2009
Ship: Norwegian Spirit
After many cruise experiences this was our first on NCL. As a travel agent (until 6 years ago) I had come to believe that NCL provided the least quality of the 3 mass market lines. My cruise on the Spirit changed all that. The service on the ship was warm and professional, the ship's decore was colorfull but not "Las Vegas", the Raffles Cafe had an endless variety of food at all hours, the entertainment was of high quality and the "Free Style" allowed much more dining variety.

One could not walk past a service crew member without receiving a greeting.

I understand the Spirit is unique in the fleet. I fear the other ships might be more "Las Vegas" which is a turn off for us.

Pros: the ship and crew

Cons: most tables for two in Dining Rooms are too close to each other

Recommends Norwegian Spirit? Yes!