Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

kids menus for everyone under 25?

Sail Date: August 01, 2008

I was impressed by the ship and amenities it offerened.However, I was disappointed in the service given at dinner and at the restaurants located onboard. Anyone under the age of 30 is treated with no respect. I was happy to have a stateroom as I learned there is no way of getting to the balcony if the couch must be opened for someone to sleep on.So, to imagine having your breakfast coffee on the balcony is only a dream.

Pros: I liked getting off the ship and going to the excursions

Cons: I disliked the service by the waiters

Recommends Norwegian Spirit? No.

The staff I interacted with were lazy and unwilling to help. At dinner they wanted to charge alcohol to one person instead of splitting it to the appropriate persons. Waiters who got bar drinks never returned to see if I wanted another drink(and yes I did tip on top of the mandatory 15%). When I ordered a bar drink they asked if it was supposed to be nonalcoholic. The cards for over 21 are not cut on the side as they are for children. I was surprised when I order a "bahama mama" and they didnt want to put alcohol in it. clearly, i am over 21. and clearly, if i didnt want alcohol I would have asked. I felt like an alcoholic stating that I did want alcohol in my drink! One staff member did go above and beyond to help my disabled father which was so kind. i would not recommend teenagers or persons in their mid 20's expect good service at the Blue Lagoon. waiters forget order and never return to make sure you get them, and this is a very small restaurant, I don't know what they are doing
There was good entertainment onboard such as comedy for the whole family. There was also interesting margarita tastings and such. THere were many activities all day long. Or, you can hang by the pool side.
The menu sounds good,but the food is not home cooking of course. My family of 20 made reservations, the staff expected us to squeeze into 18 chairs?? The table of "children" ages 16-25 were purposely crammed with chairs for no movement. I am a bartender, and I can tell you the behvaior of the "children" was excellent. The way they were treated in any restaurant, such as THe Blue Lagoon, was disgraceful. Waiters never came back to check on orders, so kids sat there without food. Waiters never brought menus. Some waiters didn't speak fluent english and were unable to get lemonade for a child. Room service swore they did not carry lemonade on board, when my son had it for dinner. By the way, i hope no adult enjoys lemonade, becuase it is strictly only for children!
The stateroom I stayed in had no balcony(by availability). There was a bunked bed and a couch(AKA bed at night time). This was the most spacious room for people to be in during the day if they just want to hang out and be alone. I was on the 11th floor, right under the buffet floor. I heard rolling of carts and dropping of plates in the early morning and late nights. It was a bad experience becuase my sleep, along with my roomates was so disturbed.
Overall the ship was clean. However, a new method must be devised for cleaning elevator floors because the vinegar used smelled like vomit. I think the elevator was just a small confined space that needed to be aired out. But after a long night, 7 flights of stairs is tough. My disabled father was forced on the elevators which reeked horribly at night because of cleaning.