Pluses and Minuses

Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Helpful Vote: 1

6 Night Bahamas & Florida (New York Roundtrip)
Sail Date: July 30, 2006
Ship: Norwegian Spirit
My biggest complaint about this cruise was the "freestyle dining", which appears to be an excuse to lower the quality of the food and eliminate midnight buffets. Also, the dress code is very selectively enforced in that I saw beople in the restaurants all week long wearing shorts, but when I did so (with docker shorts and a polo shirt), I was "sent to my room" to change. Even after that embarassing episode, I continued to see others in shorts (sometimes bathing suits) who were allowed to eat without a problem.

I thought that the childrens' facilities were teriffic and our children had a great time, but I thought that the onboard entertainment was mediocre as well.

Pros: The facilities for the children

Cons: The freestyle dining