Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Best Vacation ever!

Sail Date: July 02, 2006

We boarded the cruise line in New York, because I would not fly. We were on the ship within an hour of our arrival. The lines seemed long, but went very quickly. Once we boarded, I was already impressed. This was the first cruise our family had taken (2 children were with us ages 14 and 11). Our room was small, but we knew that before hand. We stayed in one cabin, which I don't think I'd do again. Our first day on the ship we just walked around in amazement. We couldn't believe how many things there were to do. Of course the pools were a big hit. My husband and I went to the Casino one night, hoping to hit it big. We didn't, but we had a blast. Our first stop was in Port Canaveral Florida. We happened to dock the same day that the space shuttle launched. We took a bus to Coco Beach and then headed back to the ship to get the best view ever of the space shuttle. It was awesome seeing it take off. An experience to be remembered. We then headed off to Nasau Bahamas. We took a cab to The Atlantis. That hotel was something. They have everything there. We then went back to Nasau to do some shopping. And then back on the ship to go to our private island. That was the best part of the whole trip. We headed to the island early in the morning and got a great spot on the beach. I could not believe how blue/green the water was. We were swimming with sting rays and all kinds of beautiful fish. It was beyond my wildest dreams. When we got home, my husband and I decided that we would start planning our next cruise right away with BJ's. I have nothing but great things to say about my vacation, from booking it from BJ's, to boarding in NY and the actual crusie. It was a great vacation!

Pros: There was so much to do on the ship for everyone.

Cons: When it rained, it rained. If you get motion sick easily this would not be fun.

Food, food food....need I say more.
The ship was so very clean and the crew was outstanding. They were the hardest working people I ever saw.
They were outstanding!!!
Something to do for everyone!
A little small, but we did have 4 people in there.
Port Canaveral, Florida
We saw the space shuttle launch-very exciting
Go see The Atlantis. You won't be disappointed.
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas