Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Caribbean

A nice trip

Sail Date: June 24, 2006

The ship was very clean, I mean very clean, and pretty to look at. I felt it was a bit small for the number of people they had on board, felt like they overcrowded the ship. The decor was very pleasing tho. I was told to keep it down in the casino for cheering to loud which I thought was out of line. There were kids in the Casino and the disco, which after a certain hour was not appropriate. And Holy Moley!! The deck chair situation was out of control. NO CHAIRS AVAILABLE IF YOU SLEEP LATE. Someone in your party better get up and stake your clain at 6 am or your not laying out by the pool.

Pros: The food in the specialty resturants

Cons: Lack of deck chairs, high drink prices, difficult dinner reservations

The ships resturant manager "Rambo" was amazing. We complained to him that we wanted to eat in Tempanyakki and he managed a lunch res for us. Many of the wait staff in relation to dining were excellent. See my earlier comment about seemingly unhappy staff in Raffles. But everyone else was pretty great. I did get the impression that the staff member who took the reservations for dinner was overwhelmed because so many people were annoyed by not being able to reserve where they wanted.
I want to say the food was excellent, except for the raffles buffet, I felt like they could have organized the food & condiments better, often it was like a free for all, and for example if you got a hotdog in the middle of the line, the sourkraut was all the way back at the beginning of the line, they need to arrange it in better order. Did not like eating in the italian resturant, the food was sub par compared to the food in the other resturants. Wait staff was good except in Raffles, often I would smile and say good morning only to get a blank stare back, not to mentioned being bumped several times without an excuse me. The Bistro, Tempanyakki, and the Steak house were all excellent as was Shanghi Lagoon (life savor for late night munchies) The room service menu could be much better, the selection is kinda skimpy. Reservations for the specialty resturants was horrendous!! They need to find a better way, if you didn't make em at embarkation you were not eating anywhere but buffet.
3 ladies in one room! everyone paid the same, the pullout bed was painfully thin, and required some doctoring by the cabin staff. It was tough with 3 suitcases and no clothing storage, it was necessary to be creative and live out of suitcases under the beds. While the cabin staff was immediate to respond to any complaints we had, we found it necessary to call them several times during our trip for various shortcomings. Like never folding up the pullout completely, or forgetting us at turndown time. In general the room was very clean.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
The island is ok, I booked a diving excursion and was disappointed, I am an experienced diver and felt like it was rinky dink for what they charged, expecially since there are other dive outfits on the island who offer more for less. I was bummed here. We found fun at night in a local club, but I still would have prefered to spend my time elsewhere.
Don't Miss: The Green House
Road Town, Tortola, B.V.I.
Unspoiled, island friendly, crazy taxi drivers (almost as good as an amusement park) amazingly beautiful beaches... Uncommercial! WE needed to spend more time here and less in St. Thomas
King's Wharf, Bermuda
Kings Warf, NO SHOPPING IN PORT, FERRY RIDE TO THE BEACHES AND SHOPPING IN HAMILTON. Our shore time was so short that by the time we figured out there wasn't much for us to do in Kings Warf, we rushed to the ferry to shop for a short time and never made it to the beach. Seriously bummed by that, I was in Bermuda 4 years ago and cannot believe how the prices of things were around 30-40% higher since the last time. They've sold out on the tourists and got greedy. Most on our ship were amazed by the beaches tho, if they are as rememeber the are too truly amazing.
Don't Miss: Elbow Beach