Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Wonderful Cruise 6/18/06-6/24/06

Sail Date: June 18, 2006

We had a fantastic trip. I read alot of reviews prior to going, and think some people just are not happy unless complaining. The shows are OK. The broadway type shows I found to loud and boring, but that is my taste, if you like broadway I am sure you would love the show. The hypnotist was great...very funny...must go to adult only show if he is on the ship. The musicians varied some were great, some were painful to listen to, but there was always someplace else to go if you did not like the music. The pool got a little crowded...but we still got in and had fun...4 hot tubs, usually taken over by teenagers...but always room for one more if you wanted to get in. The crew, as usual, was very polite and worked very hard. Our room was always very clean and the room stewardess went out of her way to be polite and friendly. The food was pretty good, I think with any "buffett style" atmosphere the food gets a little monotnous, but we always found something to eat. The blue lagoon serves 24 hour hamburgs, etc. the chicken wings are great...beware you only get 3 so order double or triple if your hungry. One last thing I think they need to change the itiniery a bit...omit the Nassua stop and go straight to Great Stirrup Cay...not enough beach time....All in all we had a fantastic time, I would definately recommend anyone thinking of going to go. the weather was great, I almost forgot to add our kids (17, 15 & 12) had the time of their lives...we hardly saw them..they met tons of friends and kept very busy all week. They want to know if they can start counting down the days until the next cruise.....

Pros: The Atmosphere

Cons: ?? If I had to choose I would say the food

Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL...not enough time on beach though :( We brought our own snorkeling gear...great snorkeling...take an early tender over the beach gets pretty full.
Port Canaveral, Florida
We went to Universal Studio's...MUST GET FAST PASS...we had purchased all this from home including the rental car, we ahd fun but it was HOT (100)
Really only went shopping, I think it could be passed to go to a beach.