Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

This cruise had a lot of

Sail Date: April 16, 2006

This cruise was the first time my family and I had ever cruised. We were all in awe with the beauty & cleaniness of the ship. The staff were the absolute best and would go out of their way to make you feel like royalty on your vacation. The food was fantastic and the "free style" environment was the main reason we choose Norwegian Cruise Line. We hope to be planning another cruise with Norwegian in the next couple years and my husband and I agree that "cruising" is the way to go...

Pros: The "free style" environment

Cons: Florida ports too long would have liked longer stays in Bahama's

The Norwegian Spirit was a real beauty. She was spotless and we enjoyed getting to know her...
If the kids were too tired to go to a speciality restaurant we could always count on the variety and excellence of the buffet. I especially liked that everynight was a new dining experience. The staff was great as well!
We had a cabin with a private balconey and it was wonderful. I especially enjoyed a cup of coffee in the morning looking out over the sea. It really was the best!
I can't say enough about the staff aboard the Spirit. They were extremely friendly and professional. An example of "going above & beyond" is as follows: while we were on the cruise line's private island my elderly mother lost her ship key card in the sand. Somebody found it and had the band announce the card number and where we could retreive it. I tried several times to find the building where the card was and was unsuccessful. When I approached a staff member for help he insisted I go back to the area my family was sitting at and he would get the card and bring it to us. He wasn't gone 10 minutes and returned with the card and a big smile on his face...
We enjoyed the shows very much. Alot of talent travels with Norwegian...
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
Great Stirrup Cay Island was my favorite port of the entire curise. You were supplied with the best BBQ and there was alot to do for the kids. I think it would have been great to see more audience participating entertainment.
We were only at this port for 3 or 4 hours and the "tour" we took of the island was very disappointing. Please note the tour was not recommened by Norwegian.
Miami, Florida
We visited Miami Sea Aquarium and the kids enjoyed the dolphin/whale & sea lion shows. Other than that I'd say it was "okay".