Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

First time cruisers

Sail Date: September 21, 2015

Room Type: Suite

We had an AMAZING time during our first cruise on the Norwegian Sky!  From beginning to end everything was perfect.  We ended up taking the "upsale" they sent us to the Penthouse Suite (0264 Deck 10 Aft).  We were supposed to be in an ocean view room, but so glad we paid the extra money for more room and many more extras!  Embarkation was a breeze.  We were then personally escorted to Cagney's for a nice lunch.  We got to order anything off the menu.  I got the burger and my husband had strip steak.  We also had the UBP, that was a cost saving feature.  Any drink $11 and under was included.  You name it, they could make it.  The "painkiller" was fantastic!  Our room was HUGE and the bed was so comfortable.  Everything was clean and well taken care of.  We had a living room, bedroom, tons of closet space and a bathroom with a jetted tub and shower.  Our balcony was awesome!  We really enjoyed it.  We did the 4 night cruise and went to Freeport, Nassau and Great Stirrup Cay.  All were beautiful and lots of fun!  We did an excursion every day.  In Freeport we did the Beaches and Caves.  I HIGHLY recommend this.  In Nassau we did the Blue Lagoon Beach day, I don't recommend this.  It wasn't what we thought it was going to be.  And in Great Stirrup Cay we did the wave runner excursion.  It was pretty neat to see.  The weather wasn't the best, but I guess September is their rainy season.  We'll know that for next time.  There are so many things to do and see on the ship.  We went to the white hot party, deal or no deal, battle of the sexes, newlywed game, karaoke and watched the comedian Russ Rivas.  He's too funny!!  Como?! (watch him on YouTube!!).  There were so many food choices on there.  Even if you're picky like we are there's always plenty to pick from!  I would totally go on this cruise again (in fact we're discussing going next year!) and would recommend it to everyone I know.  We loved the "freestyle cruising" and that's what sold us on Norwegian!  I hope this review will help someone out there.  And I hope you'll have just as much fun!

Cruise Photos

Super easy and fast. We carried on and off our own luggage. (We only had carry -on's) made things super easy!
The ship was SUPER clean. Everything was easy to find. If you ever get lost, just look to see which way the fish on the carpet are swimming!!!
I have never met some many friendly people in my life. They were always so happy and wiling to help. Our room steward Jaime was fantastic and made the cutest towel animals!!
There was plenty to eat on the ship. We did the buffets, Palace dining room, Cagney's and the Italian restaurant.