Broken Hearted Cruiser

Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Sail Date: August 01, 2014
Ship: Norwegian Sky
I thought the cruise was very good. I traveled with \"Heavy Heart\" because of a recent breakup with girlfriend prior to the cruise\, I ended up traveling solo. I didn't think I would enjoy it much\, and the first 2 1/2 days it wasn't much fun. But it got a whole lot better on the evening of Day 3 with the White Hot Dance Show. I met some great folks that night and enjoyed the rest of the cruise. I was a little disappointed in the fact that they didn't have many formal activities designed for the single adult traveler. But I made the best of it! :-)

The Buffets were GREAT! Something for everybody and lots and lots of it. The Formal Dining I found to be slow service-wise and portion-wise. Basically\, you'd have dinner\, then head up to the buffets because you didn't feel full or for a late night snack.

Ok. I didn't go to the \"big shows\"\, so I don't really qualify to answer this one. However\, other than the White Hot Dance Show\, (you don't want to miss this one!) I wasn't in the mood to do much. The only complaint I had was there wasn't much to do for the single adult traveler. No formal activities or \"mixers\" for single people. I was \"on my own\"\, but fortunately\, I met some great folks from my home town\, NYC which made it all worthwhile. :-)

One of the nicest crews I've ever experienced. Many were Philippino and by nature\, very friendly people who greated you \"from the heart\" and made me feel very welcomed.

Some told me that this ship was a \"Small Ship\". It sure seemed large enough to me. It was clean\, and nice\, and easy to navigate deck to deck. I thought it was a really nice ship in every way. :-)

I just LOVED my Stateroom. I had a balcony and it was very spacious and quiet. The steward did a GREAT JOB of keeping it clean and giving me all that I needed. Nice bathroom/Shower and spacious closet. Really happy with my \"cabin\".

Pros: Meeting wonderful Crew Members and Fellow Passengers

Cons: No activities for the single traveler.

Recommends Norwegian Sky? Yes!