Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Fantastic Stayin the Aft Penthouse Suite

Sail Date: December 01, 2013

Room Type: Suite

This was our third cruise (2nd with Norwegian) and I have to say\, we had a fabulous time! The ship was beautiful. It looked updated and I didn't notice anything worn or outdated. The service from every person we encountered--room staff\, front desk staff\, dining staff\, concierge\, etc. were all top notch. We splurged on an aft penthouse suite for this shorter cruise and it was worth every penny. Both the room itself and the perks were sooo worth it! Aside from the stop in Freeport (which is a dump! Plan on doing at-sea excursions that day)\, we loved the cruise and didn't want it to end. (Also\, Compared to our Celebrity cruise\, this one was superior in every way.)

Pros: Staff\, Service\, Suite

Cons: Buffet food\, itinerary

Recommends Norwegian Sky? Yes!

I read mixed reviews about the ship\, but we could find nothing wrong with it. Our rooms were good sized and well-appointed. The main rooms from dining to entertainment to casino were exactly what we would have wanted. I wish the hot tubs were bigger/more because some cool weather left the pools un-used and the hot tubs too crowded. But otherwise everything on the ship was great!
The dining options on the Sky were about like you'd expect from a cruise--the buffet was so-so at best. The main dining was good to very good. We didn't eat dinner at the specialty restaurants\, but our suite allowed us to dine at Cagney's Steakhouse for breakfast and lunch\, and those meals were truly delicious with impeccable service! (All food compared to our Celebrity cruise was WAY better\, FYI).
Our Aft Penthouse Suite (9075) was fantastic. The balcony was narrow but long\, allowing for lots of seating. The sitting room was spacious and had lots of amenities (espresso machine\, mini fridge\, bar\, couch\, dining table). The bathroom was larger than the standard cruise bathroom\, but still small if you compared it to\, say\, a hotel. There was a jetted tub\, which we never used\, and the rest was standard. The bedroom was as tightly packed as smaller standard rooms on the ship\, so don't expect luxury in the bedroom size. But it was plenty considering we had an extra living room. And the beds were AMAZING!! Soft as a cloud. I haven't slept that well outside my bed at home ever!
We were thrilled with the staff on this ship. Again\, it may be because the suites make you a VIP of sorts\, but everyone went out of their way to help us and make our stay pleasant. From the time we checked in at the front desk they said\, \"This is Efren\, your butler\,\" we knew this trip was going to be awesome! And it was. Efren and the concierge\, Karin\, stopped by several times a day to give us treats and snacks\, a complementary bottle of sparkly\, provide information\, give us VIP seats at the shows\, and get us expedited disembarkation. We felt truly pampered. And in the main areas\, everyone was polite and thorough. I find Filipino accents the hardest international accent to follow (which is probably 80% or more of the staff)\, so there were a lot of times I had to ask people to repeat themselves\, but everyone was polite and tried hard to make themselves understood. I can't complain about a single staff member--all were wonderful.
We didn't have time to do try a lot of the entertainment options because we missed half the cruise (thanks to airline delays)\, but we went to Vegas The Show\, which was great\, did the Bingo twice\, went dancing at night\, and played in a Poker tournament. There was always something fun to do and we never felt bored.