Even my husband loved the cruise.

Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Sail Date: January 01, 2014
Ship: Norwegian Sky
We enjoyed the cruise very much. The staff were very friendly. The food was fantastic. The time in port was more than sufficient. The entertainment was first class.

The dining options were great. We enjoyed the sit down dining experience. The variety was great. The morning orange juice was very watered down. I didn't care for the flavor enhanced water at the buffet. The plain water wasn't very good so I understand the flavoring.

The dance team was incredible. I loved the \"American Idol\" competition and dance performances. The comedian was great. I didn't care for the adult version of his humor but it's my own fault for attending.

All the staff was friendly and helpful. One main dining server found me gluten free bread and dessert. He was great. The cruise director was enthusiastic but hard to understand over the intercom. We missed information he gave.

For the length of the cruise\, the ship was big enough\, not too crowded. It wasn't as fancy as some I've been on but it was nice that it wasn't overdone. I didn't care for the movable swivel chairs in the dazzle lounge and main entertainment theater. They were hard or impossible to maneuver around. Except for our stateroom\, the ship was very clean.

This was the biggest disappointment. The room wasn't that clean when we arrived. There was an empty beer bottle in the trash\, nuts on the floor\, a dried red drip on the couch and hair on the floor. We had the two twin beds pushed together. The bed was comfortable but the steward place one twin size comforter inside the king duvet cover and placed it sideways across the bed. So our feet and shoulders had no comforter over them. I found a very holey comforter under the bed (no duvet cover) and did my best to make it work. We never received towel animals. We were given a daily program in a foreign language and one washcloth. We weren't given a customs declaration sheet. Our closet door stuck\, the bathroom handle was hanging by one screw and on 3 occasions our main door jammed and we really had to work to get in our room. It became laughable.

Pros: Long stop overs in port.

Cons: Our room steward was lacking.

Recommends Norwegian Sky? Yes!