First time cruiser

Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Sail Date: April 01, 2013
Ship: Norwegian Sky
Generally, the ship exceeded my expectations as a first time cruiser. The layout was wonderful, with the pools and hot tubs located near the main dining areas. There is a large auditorium for performances, and many nice bars located throughout.

The food is the one complaint that I have for this cruise. My expectations may have been set too high on the quality of food being served, but it seemed that each day was another disappointment. This is a free-style cruise, meaning that there is a free buffet at all times. At times around lunch and dinner there were a few more buffet options, but it seemed that the times were very limited. There was PLENTY to eat, and there was always a few delicious items, but more often than not I was putting items on my plate only to taste dissappointment.

Two broadway-like shows were excellent. Comedy was very funny. Games and activities for all ages. So much to do, that evey night was packed full with wonderful activies.

Rooms were small but nice. Room service came twice per day to tidy up. An addition $12 per day was charged for room service. (not included in the price when booking with )

The ship was like new, and the cleaning staff was amazing at keeping everything clean.

Pros: Private Island- Great Stirrup Cay

Cons: Food

Recommends Norwegian Sky? Yes!