Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

First time cruiser

Sail Date: April 01, 2013

Generally, the ship exceeded my expectations as a first time cruiser. The layout was wonderful, with the pools and hot tubs located near the main dining areas. There is a large auditorium for performances, and many nice bars located throughout.

Pros: Private Island- Great Stirrup Cay

Cons: Food

Recommends Norwegian Sky? Yes!

The ship was like new, and the cleaning staff was amazing at keeping everything clean.
The food is the one complaint that I have for this cruise. My expectations may have been set too high on the quality of food being served, but it seemed that each day was another disappointment. This is a free-style cruise, meaning that there is a free buffet at all times. At times around lunch and dinner there were a few more buffet options, but it seemed that the times were very limited. There was PLENTY to eat, and there was always a few delicious items, but more often than not I was putting items on my plate only to taste dissappointment.
Rooms were small but nice. Room service came twice per day to tidy up. An addition $12 per day was charged for room service. (not included in the price when booking with )
Two broadway-like shows were excellent. Comedy was very funny. Games and activities for all ages. So much to do, that evey night was packed full with wonderful activies.