Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Sail Date: September 01, 2012

Traveled As: Family w/young children

I would NEVER recommend this cruise! The ship was dirty and dated. Our balcony room was filthy and it took the staff 5 hours to clean it to be acceptable for our stay. The staff was rude. A server spilled an entire drink on my $300. dress and the staff did nothing. Another patron spilled hot soup on me-soup so hot it resulted in a second degree scald burn with blistering on my hand. The shopping director made anti-semitic comments during his presentation. On the third day we came back form our excursion at Atlantis to find our room flooded with toilet water-due to ship maintenance issues that caused the problem! It took the staff another 6 hours to re-assign us to a different room! We had to live with our 2 year old in these unsanitary conditions. When we changed rooms, by next day's light we (my 2 year old picked up) found cigarette butts on our balcony! We are not smokers. Dirty-unclean-Horrible! I would never recommend this cruise line-they are very unaccommodating! They refused to refund us anything-they only offered a free meal (during which their staff knocked a full drink on my expensive dress)and discount on a future cruise. I would Never cruise with them again!

Pros: The only positive to this trip was my few hours on the Atlantis resort

Cons: The ship (our room) was disgusting\, filthy\, unacceptable\, and unsanitary.

Recommends Norwegian Sky? No.

This ship was dirty and dated in design. Horrible! The public area toilets also overflowed into the bathroom floor and hallway on the last day of our cruise we were stepping over toilet water in the public area! We enjoyed nothing about this cruise!
The food was mediocre at best. The service in the free dining areas was slow\, the staff was rude\, and the food barley served warm. I was hungry most of the trip. THe buffet had no organization to it\, no one monitoring the pushing people who don't follow the flow of a make shift buffet line. The food was like hospital food-nothing special or as advertised.
Our room was dirty-other person's pubic hair on our toilet. TOilet seat stained with urine and fecal matter. Hair in our shower and on the bathroom floor. It took the staff 5 hours to get our room cleaned correctly. The lampshades above the bed were torn\, with dangerous wire exposed\, and were a disgusting dingy yellow. The next room we were switched to (after maintenance of the ship's plumbing system caused our toilet to overflow) had cigarette butts on the balcony!
The staff listened to our complaints numerous times but nothing was sufficiently done to accommodate us.