Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

An excellent time!

Sail Date: August 17, 2012

I have cruised a number of times, but this was my granddaughter's first cruise. The Norweigan Sky was clean and in good repair. The smell that can sometimes be found on a ship was not present. Our stateroom was of good size, with the balcony being an outstanding supplement. It was the favorite part of our stateroom. The food ranged from good to excellent throughout our cruise. The steak at Cagney's was superbly tender. The food in the main dining room was excellent, and the wait staff most attentive. The food at the buffet was tasty and better than expected. It was cold when we went through, but that appeared to be remedied before we left. On Great Stirrup Cay, the lunch was delicious, and I enjoyed the choices. The food at the Blue Lagoon was good, but limited. We thoroughly enjoyed our day on Great Stirrup Cay. We chose to snorkel at our leisure. I'm sure the snorkeling would have been much better had we chosen one of the snorkeling adventures. My granddaughter had never been snorkeling, so it was fine for her. We also chose to purchase a clam shell, which was quite handy. There were lots of people and it was a great opportunity to meet fellow passengers. The next day, we went to the Blue Lagoon. The only disappointment was a lack of time there. We arrived around 11 AM and had to leave at 2 PM. Theoretically, we should have been able to take a 4 PM tender back to the ship, but apparently that got cancelled. As is typical in the Caribbean, the water was perfectly clear and cool. There were much fewer people there, which made it lovely and relaxing. Upon our return to the ship each day, we were offered a cool damp cloth for our faces. Even though small, I found that to be a magnificient gesture. I was impressed with the overall organization on the ship. The security team was on the ball. During the White Hot Party some kids got in the pool and splashed a couple of the dancers at the side of the pool. Security was there imm

Pros: Great Stirrup Cay

Cons: Lack of time at the Blue Lagoon

Recommends Norwegian Sky? Yes!

I found the ship to be in great condition throughout.
I appreciated being able to eat when I wanted. The food was better than expected. My only complaint was the buffet food was cold when we originally went through the line. I noticed when I returned for some fish\, that the lamps were hotter as was the food.
Our stateroom was quite comfortable. The balcony added terrific appeal and an extension to the living area. The bathroom was thoughtfully laid out.
All staff with whom we came in contact were freindly and helpful. We looked foward every day to the \"animal\" that our room crew made from the towels.
There were plenty of activities available at all times. Everything we attended was fun and well organized.