Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Love the destination, hate the boat

Sail Date: August 10, 2012

The ship being small is not a big deal for me however the Norwegian Sky has seen better days. The ship really needs to some updating, but doing while they have guests on the boat is definitely not a good idea, the sound of construction work and relaxing don't really go together well.

If the construction was being done at 3 AM while no one was there would be one thing, but at 7:30 in the afternoon while there is still sun out and plenty of guests in the pool, that is inexcusable.

Pros: Nassau is still a greate place to visit.

Cons: Having construction work being done while you are on a cruise

Recommends Norwegian Sky? No.

The ship is old and needs updating, The carpeting on the hallways are faded and need at least a good wash. However the ship did seem to be clean, and well maintained.
The buffet is very small for the amount of guests is has to accommodate, we were always trying to find a place to sit, but never could and would have to wait until someone got up from the table so we could sit down.

On the second day while we were on the private beach, they took the buffet down to the island so people would not have to go back to the boat in order to eat. Well my wife and I decided to eat and the island and what a mistake that was. Both her and I were sick for the rest of the day, I guess I was lucky and was not throwing up, my wife was not that lucky however, and was throwing up the rest of the day.

Outside of that, the food is of "ok" quality, my wife and I were unable to find anything on the main buffet where we would say, "yes I want some more of that". The pizzas are ok, but you need to pay 5 dollars for each of them.
The state rooms are small (even for a cruise ship, I had to hop over the bed to get to the left side of the bed) and outdated, the bathrooms are a good size however. The mattresses are hard and you can feel the springs on them already, so it's very likely that you will be tossing and turning good a part of the night.
The staff was very friendly and did try to accommodate all of your needs. There are no complaints about them. They are doing a good job on that area at least.