Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Fun times, good food

Sail Date: June 01, 2012

We went on a 3 day cruise to the Bahamas. The NCL Sky ship was quite nice. It was large but smaller than other ships, so easy access to all the floors. The workout room was nice with an extra aerobics room. Not many people were interested in working out, which was great for my family. We almost had the room to ourselves! All the crew and staff members were very friendly and nice.

Pros: variety of food, workout room, service, good water

Cons: trivia activity, lack of variety of activities

Recommends Norwegian Sky? Yes!

We ate at some of the restaurants and the food was OK but the meats were often overcooked and tough, according to my family members who did eat. My sis is vegan, and I am vegetarian. I thought that would be an issue, but the buffets had numerous options for us both. The tap water was delicious, which is big deal to me, as I drink lots of water and had originally planned to bring bottled water (but wasn't able to find a convenience store prior). The alcohol drinks are extremely expensive but that's expected.
Each stateroom has cable TV, a small shower, a closet, a safe, and however many sleeping arrangements. I stayed in a room with a porthole and it was small but roomy enough for my sister and me.
The activities on the ship at night were somewhat limited with a lack of variety. We went to what we thought was general trivia and it was only The Simpson's (TV show) trivia. It was rather boring and not that fun. I don't know why cruise ship trivia cannot be more like Team Trivia or at least have more variety. The workout room was great and few people were exercising, so I could always get to a machine for as long as I wanted. Each cardio machine had its own TV.
It was a good size. It wasn't way too big yet accessible. It seemed like it wasn't super packed like other cruises, which is nice for me! My family could always find chairs on the deck, chairs in the buffet room, and we could always get reservations at a restaurant.
Very friendly and the hosts of the activities were a lot of fun.