Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Sail Date: February 03, 2012

Older ship - well maintained but still showing its age. Steward was attentive. All staff was very friendly. Food was great (especially the bakery) but service in the main dining rooms was a bit slow compared to other ships. Our day at Stirrup Cay was cancelled due to weather and no perks were offered to make up for it. Snorkeling equipment was expensive to rent - $30 per day for each family member.

Pros: Atlantis Waterpark

Cons: Slow service in restaurants

Recommends Norwegian Sky? Yes!

Main areas were all immaculate and was easy to find my way around. Maps given out at registration were a great help. Plenty of seating for both meals and lounge areas.
Older ship - our bathroom door was sprung but still closed with some effort. Everything was very clean but some things were worn. Large abstract picture at end of bed was odd and frame was showing age.
Bread and rolls at dinner were just like going to the best bakery in town. Desserts were more than pretty - they were scrumpious. Buffet was more than just the usual salads and stuff - good choices.
Every staff member that I made eye contact with greeted me and asked about my comfort. Room steward wasn't too 'gushy'. Whenever I stopped to look at the 'you are here' signs, a staff member asked me if they could help me find something. Very nice crew.
The magician was wonderful. We really enjoyed the show on the ship. Activities off the ship were good but a bit pricey for a family. We had a really great time at the Atlantis Waterpark and Aquariums but at $120 each, it added up fast. I don't know about Stirrup Cay since our day there was cancelled due to inclement weather