Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Great first cruise

Sail Date: December 09, 2011

First-time cruise was great. Food options were a highlight. I wanted a lot of time alone, so my balcony stateroom was great for that. I love that balcony. Staff was incredibly helpful. I'm ready to go againmaybe in 2 months! $12/day "service charge" announced on last day put bad taste in my mouth. Notify us of this amount upfront.

Pros: Dining, Service, Balcony Stateroom

Cons: Surprise service charge, canceled excursions

Recommends Norwegian Sky? Yes!

The place was clean. Elevator wait was long at times--not sure if that can be helped.
Orientation meeting first afternoon was very helpful. Several excursions I wanted to go on got cancelled--understandable circumstances in some cases, but disappointing. All the dances/contests were not my thing, so I'd like to see some entertainment/activities that were more interesting.
Dining options were great. Quality of service in Palace was excellent, as were the quality and choice of food.
My balcony stateroom was smallbut awesome. Bed was great, room was well-lit, temp was good, and balcony was fantastic.
Very helpful, and always eager to help.