Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

An experience I want to forget

Sail Date: November 18, 2011

My wife and I cruised on the Norweigan Sky a 3 day Bahamas cruise.Not a good cruise at all.We were very disappointed. First the State/Suite rooms at least thats what I was told I was getting was old and run down.The bed was extremely uncomfortable and didn't even have fitted sheets.So throughout the night as we tossed and turned the sheets would come off the bed and wrap around you as if you were being smothered to death.The bathroom was old also and no matter how much it was cleaned on a daily it still smelled like urine and the smell would not go away.The little 13 inch TV the same one that I purchased for my daughter when she was 8 was the only veiwing entertainment provided for us.We were never told we would be on the low budget side of the ship. But we did see how the upper class guests were enjoying their cruise on the other side of the ship.What a difference from top to bottom.We were unable to visit one island due to the high winds and swells of the ocean.This was a call made by the Captain on board.But it was never mentioned about a refund because the ship didn't stop where we had paid our money to stop.Yes the economy is bad.But stop beating and cheating the guests out of quality services and style of living while being on board you cruise ship. Very very unfair.

Pros: One on one time with my wife.Thats all

Cons: The ship. The STATE ROOM/SUITE What a joke

Recommends Norwegian Sky? No.

Some of the public areas were a bit cleaner than others, but the ship needed to be upgraded and rentovated. Soon
Most of the food was pretty bland.Breakfast unless you stood in a long line for an omelet you would have to suffer through eating powdered eggs.I know because I was in the Army for 7 years and know the taste oh to well.
Most of the employees were not to pleasant.Maybe because they couldn't understand what you were asking of them or just having a bad day. Only the gentleman who cleaned the room had a good attitude eash day every time we encountered him.
All I can say is spend some money and do some room rentovations fast.Rooms are old and out dated.Nothing in the low budget rooms are worth wrtiting home about. Trust me.
The Atlantis Hotel is a must see. But if you don't arrive there with a substancial amount of money in your possession all you will be able to do is look from a far.
Don't Miss: Nothing to my knowledge worth not missing.