Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

A very enjoyable time,,,

Sail Date: October 31, 2011

The Ship is a good fit for the Market it is sailing in. It's Small size is fine for first time cruisers who can get overwhelmed by a ship like the gigantic hotel with engines that Royal Caribbean has.

Pros: Shore excursions, All the Meals

Cons: some very dated entertainment,

Recommends Norwegian Sky? Yes!

The ship is dated with its Hawaiian theme. It is clearly shopworn and needs an interior decorating overhaul...It lays out well and is easy to walk which is good for older cruisers.
I don't book state rooms based on amenities, To me all we do is sleep there so most things work just fine for my wife and me. On this cruise our room on deck four was small and only had a Porthole for outside views... Just fine for how we cruise.
The Food and the waitstaff were Outstanding...Something for everybody's tastes and experiences, Hotdogs to Lobster, Paper plates to fine China. If you cant find something you like on this ship, you're not not trying.
They need to update some of this too... The ships singers and dancers were okay but only okay...The Comedian was just awful and around the ship the games and activities lacked enthusiasm. Randon was great but once he started on one artists songbook, you were going to hear all of it before he' d change and do some other songs from somebody else.
Everyone on board was terrific. I really appreciated the senior officers coming by to ask how things were going. Scott and Zuzanna run a tight ship.
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
This was a pleasant surprise as a port of call and with just a little work could become a significant destination ion its own.
Don't Miss: We took the Jeep tour excursion and enjoyed it and the guide, Tony, very much. We thought the Kayak excursion would have been fun too.
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
Clearly a work in Progress... The Water Park looks to be at least a year away from fruition. For Now the Beach is the ONLY attraction which means you are at the mercy of the weather. The other reality of beaches in the Caribbean is that some women want to go topless(maybe even nude)...A few did, away from the two main beaches. Creating one for these customers is probably going to have to happen
Don't Miss: For right now, the snorkeling and scuba could be made better by creating areas to enjoy it without ruining the areas ecology.
Oh boy...I don't even have enough hair to braid and got hit on for this, And if I need a taxi, I'll walk to the taxi stand and ask for one. Nassau has great shopping only for jewelry, after that you don't have many choices. Create more opportunities for women's clothing and swimwear in better venues than shacks... Del Sol, Cariloha and Tortuga's are fine but there has to be more than just them. There are plenty of offshore excursions for every type of cruisers activity level.
Don't Miss: Atlantis is a teriffic excursion for those into waterparks, Expensive, but everyting in Nassau is anyway.