Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Very Relaxing Cruise

Sail Date: October 03, 2011

The ship was very nice and all the dining options were fabulous! It was a smaller cruise ship than the ones I am more used to, but it was still a great ship and had plenty of activities and things to do in it.

Pros: The Freestyle Dining

Cons: The cruise director

Recommends Norwegian Sky? Yes!

The room was clean and nice, but the bed was making a squeaky noise every time the boat rocked at night and that was very annoying. We had a hard time falling asleep with that noise.
The staff was great but the cruise director seemed to be inexperienced. He was not at the level of other cruise directors I have seen on other cruise ships. Maybe this was because it was only a 4 night cruise, but I think they could have still used someone more entertaining, confident and funny.
The Freestyle Dining was the best dining experience I have had on a cruise ship! It is awesome to be able to have dinner whenever you feel like it and not at a set time. This was the highlight of this cruise (first time on a Norwegian cruise).
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
The beach is the only interesting place to see here.
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
I was dissapointed that we couldn't stop at this private island due to bad weather.
There is a lot to see here. Great port destination.