Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

1st impressions

Sail Date: September 23, 2011

If you're looking for a cruise to relax and get-away this may be for you. there are plenty of places to sit quietly with a book or a drink. Note there's not a lot of entertainment or kid programs. Although I was not cruising with my family this time I was paying attention to the family programs that were being offered. My overall impression is that I would not travel this ship with my kids because they don't have enough activities to keep them occupied. Also, on our last night the cruise closed the pool @ 8pm while adults and children were still on the pool deck with their bathing suits on.

Pros: the food was good. the ship was clean. the staff were all very friendly- particularly the cruise director Richard.

Cons: all the extra charges for souvenir cups. guests running and yelling in the hallways at night.

Recommends Norwegian Sky? Yes!

our trip was a girls get away. it was overcast and raining the entire trip. we did not go to the beach here. we paid a tour guide to drive us around the island. he stopped at paradise island for 20 min allowing us enough time to take pictures w/o us having to pay the separate shore excursion fee. The tour was approx 2 hours. we saw the govt buildings, school, hospital, mansions up on the hill and getto. then we shopped on bay street. we would have loved to swim with the dolphins but it would've cost several hundred dollars.
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
this stop was a waste of time. there's nothing to do or see there. The island is under construction by NCL. The cruise sets up some huts to shop at but the items are mostly clothing and all 7 huts offer the same items. Snorkeling was done right on the beach. the water was warm and clear. there are several lounge chairs set up on the beach.