Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Fun inexpensive trip with no frills

Sail Date: January 10, 2011

The ship is retro-fitted from its previous use as a Hawaii cruise ship so much of the decor has a more Aloha feel than a Caribbean feel. The ship was clean and staffed very well. We felt the food offered for no additional charge was mediocre, not just at the buffet but in the restaurants as well. We did not eat at any of the restaurants that required an extra charge. We also felt the dining staff always seemed in a rush to get you in and get you out. For example, while finishing my entree, with fork in hand, the waiter showed me the desert menu right under my nose while another waiter took my dish away...I wasn't finished yet. I do think though that this was all in an attempt to keep everything running seamlessly...which it did. They did a great job of keeping things going and offering things to do on board. We really enjoyed the music and comedy options. The staff was very friendly and attentive. We also really enjoyed our room. We stayed in a balcony and felt that the bed and the space was very comfortable.

Pros: Room comfort and variety of ports of call

Cons: Quality and variety of food offered at no additional charge

Recommends Norwegian Sky? Yes!

Outdated decor but clean and inviting. We've never cruised before so the layout was confusing sometimes.
We didn't book an excursion for this port. We just window-shopped. The crowds and the soliciting were almost unbearable. The town is very run down with lost of damages streets and sidewalks. Next time we will book an excursion to avoid the chaos and see some beauty instead.
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
We enjoyed our excursion immensely, very beautiful, interesting and relaxing.
Don't Miss: The beaches and caves tour was mellow and the beach is a don't miss for sure.