Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Great Short Vacation

Sail Date: January 17, 2011

Overall the cruise was excellent. This was my first NCL cruise and I will travel NCL again. Freestyle was excellent, however it doesn't allow you to establish a relationship with your dining room staff and some other key staff members as other cruises and I missed that. Fee-based restaurants were excellent. The Easy-Off Debarkation process was great. Also, I never waited in a line, except to ride the tender to the private island; no lines are a plus for me!

Pros: Excellent value

Recommends Norwegian Sky? Yes!

Missed a clear promenade area to people watch. Many of the bars and casual areas were way aft or forward. You had to cut through the disco or casino to get to different areas which I didn't like. Size of the ship is perfect. The ship was clean and pretty.
My food experience was excellent. Fee-based restaurants were excellent. Expect to have a 2-hour dining experience there. Never waited in a line for the buffet, which was a plus for me.
My room was an interior and it was sufficient for me. It was clean and comfortable. Location was to my liking.
The few staff I interacted with were pleasant and friendly. Freestyle doesn't allow you to develop too many relationships with staff.
I enjoyed the Spa. As a seasoned cruiser, I generally don't participate in any of the other activities. There were many activities for all to participate in.
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
This was my first visit and I must suggest that everyone should get off the ship and experience the island. It was a very pleasant experience. You were able to have lunch and drinks. There were lounge chairs, clamshells, floats, rafts and other items available for use. SUGGESTION: Stay a little longer!
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
The whole taxi experience was a little stressful. You had to wait until you got a full van load before you could go back to the ship for $5 or you had to pay $27 to be taken back to the ship alone. There has to be a better way of providing transportation back and forth to the ship more timely and more cost-effectively. The port itself has grown-up and looks great.
Love, love, love Nassau! It would be great to stay a little longer there.